10:11 PM

He puts friends above his family. He would rather spend 3 hours with him than 10 minutes with her. He never ceases to drop a comment on her, be it downright sarcastic or just straightforward. He speaks in a tone that nobody is allowed to question his authority. And she has no right to speak back. Be it Xmas, there's nothing for her under the tree. He doesn't even spend the day with her.

She is vulnerable. Tears always threaten to fall. She hates to let people know. She can't show others just how weak she is. Be it Xmas, her heart is ultimately crushed.

So what if those Xmas carols are playing in the living room? There's no joy in it. And while others go to church, she sits at home to celebrate a boring Xmas. She bares her soul to the books she reads and hides her tears behind the brown pages.

I HATE IT when she's so weak and vulnerable. She is she, and I am me. But she too is me, in a way that only I can feel, because I am one with her. I HATE IT when she cries; it's hopeless, tears are hopeless, but faith is hope. I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE HER.

And with faith, and all the hope in it... she will change. Not for him, but for her, and for me.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...