6:12 PM

An FF Obsession

Well, well, what do you know? I stumbled upon my The Black Mages 2 OST' last night and somehow got addicted to Final Fantasy all over again. BWAHAHAHAHA. And so I'm here, randomly wasting my time creating a list of what I loved best about it, and what I find most annoying.

I played FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII. And I loved a certain part of every one I played~!!

In my opinion...

THE BEST. . .

1. ... Storyline


Yuna and Tidus - my fave scene!!

I would go for FFX, undoubtedly. The beautiful love between Tidus and Yuna with Suteki Da Ne at all the right places - I cried like a lunatic at the ending scene!! The storyline is somewhat unpredictable, and I loved it best because it didn't have that, erm... 'happy ever after' ending that unlike the previous FFs that I've played.

And all that about Sin, the Summoners' Pilgrimage, Zanarkand... loved it to bits~!!

2. ... Mature Storyline

FFXII hands down!!

Who would have thought that FFX would be so different from FFXII?? FFXII was so original, so 'British'-like, and instead of touching merely on love relationships, I've got to say, I'm ultimately impressed by all the hunger for power and nethicite, Archadia, plus our entire hero's quest. I LOVED IT!! It's so exciting~ BWAHAHAHAHA

Plus, you can see how mature Ashelia of Dalmasca is compared to Princess Garnet til Alexandros...

...it's like comparing between a lioness and a rat.

Erm... never mind.

Did I mention I LOVE the language in FFXII?? Well, I do. And you really learn a lot.

3. ... Main Character


BALTHIER~!! *swoons*

BALTHIER!!!! *nosebleeds* Gorgeous with guns, dashing with daggers, astonishing with axes, brilliant with bows, stunning with swords, mischeivous with maces, ruggard with rods, sexy with shields....

*drowns in my nosebleed*

... and I have to add, his voice is incredibly sexy..... *swoons*

4. ...Villian/Boss

I can't quite decide between Kuja (FFIX) and Sephiroth (FFVII). Long silver haired bishounen.... *nosebleeds*


Kuja in Trance

And I absolutely love those BGM that comes together when you fight them. Try listening to Assault of the White Dragons -FF9- that's when Kuja destroyed the Iifa tree. (Gosh, I remembered that??!!) Or when you fight Trance Kuja in Memoria, right before the final battle with Nechron. (And I have poor memory when it comes to Bio...) Or the JENOVA music, either in Advent, Black Mages or FF7. And even One Winged Angel....

*swoons*

5. .... Female Character

I like... Yuna best, surprisingly. BWAHAHAHHA. However, there's Lulu too. Yuffie, of course. And sometimes, Penelo.


My Yuna obsession, occasionally.


Penelo doing a Quickening...

I like Yuna and Lulu lots in FFX cos they were my EXTREMELY heavy hitting magic casters. Imagine Doublecast of Holy and Flare or Ultima with the cost of only 1 MP. :O And exceeding the 9999 limit. *swoons* (and when Rikku CopyCats them... *squeals*) (but I don't like Rikku, too annoying.)

Yuffie's agile and cute :P And I love Penelo's Replendescene.


Yuffie-chan~!!

6. .... Battle System

Praise be to Yevon....

I LOVE FFX's BATTLE SYSTEM!!!! Imagine being able to tell when the enemy's gonna attack; or witching your half dead characters for fresher ones during battle; or being able to accumulate EXP for each and every character. Loved the music too~


FFX - in battle

I kinda like FF9's system too, even though there's nothing much to harp about. BWAHAHAHAHA

7. ... Levelling Up System

FF8's~!! You don't have the choose which stat you want to level up, since it's auto, so there's less hassle. Plus, you get to add bonus stats when you equip certain GFs. However, there's a little disadvantage though. The best GF, Eden, comes SOOOOOOOO late in the game you can hardly make use of its HP Plus, Mag Plus, Str Plus, Vit Plus and so on. Kinda sad.

8. ... Summons

Definitely FFX!! Can you believe that on top of Yuna's Overdrive, Grand Summon, these AMAZING Fayths can also go on OVERDRIVE?? And with Legendary Weapons, all these Aeons can break the 9999 damage limit???!! And Yojimbo, Magus Sisters and Anima (is it??) comes with the auto Break Damage Limit. When the Magus Sisters go Overdrive...

Magus Sisters in Overdrive

... OH MY GOD. God bless them enemies.

Sexy Shiva in Overdrive!!

STRONG Ifrit in Overdrive!!!

Plus, look at Shiva's sexy bum!! Plus Valefor's colourful wings!! Bahamut's sense of security!! Ifrit's monstrous strength!! Anima's DARKNESS~!! Magus Sisters, oh my God... their Overdrives... *squeals again*

I hate X-2 for stealing my Aeons away and making them as Bosses.

9. .... Special Attack

Yuna Going in Overdrive at Besaid Island...

FF8's Limit Breaks. It's the ONLY FF I've played that allows them characters to Limit whenever they want. Just cast Aura!!

Squall and Renzokuken

FFXII's not too bad either~! Full MP is kinda easy to get when you've learnt Martyr. And I love Balthier's Mist Quickenings~!! Plus, putting together a Quickening chain is so much fun (though my max chain is only 16 :P) I LOVE THE ADDITIONAL DAMAGE INFLICTED AT TH END!!!

Hated X-2 the most. Don't even know how you unleash a Special Attack. (No wonder I only got 78% completion.) Ahahaha...

10. ... Graphics

FFXII. No matter how much I hate Phon Coast, it's still damn beautiful.

Oh and beautiful Bhujerba! Glimmering Great Cystal!! Giruvegan!! Oh, green Salikawood~!! Beautiful Osmose Plains~!!

... I even miss the Nam-Yensa/Ogir-Yensa Sandsea. (How'd I remember all these..?)

Mosphoran Highwaste

Rabanastre

Dalmasca Estersand

11. ... OST

FFX. Don't ask me why. My ears are just glued to it.

12. ...World Map

OMIGOSH... of course it's gonna be FFXII!! I love those maps that appear everywhere you go, and I actually feel insecure and at certain times, SCARED, whenever the Mist is too thick and the map gets foggy or blurred. I think I was shaking when I was in Draklor's Laboratory, certain parts of the Feywood, and I was PRACTICALLY BLIND when I was in The Great Crystal. Damn those confusing names... (A Pram Vikaari?? Pratii'vaa?? A Prama Avaa?? A Phrama Bhrum?? Kabonii? The only sane name was probably Crystal Core.)

How in the world I remembered all that, don't ask me.

But I LOVE the names of all the other beautiful towns, forests and cities... Rabanastre!! Archades!! Balfonheim!!Tchita Uplands~!!

*sigh*

13. Chocobo Quest

FF9's. It was... too easy, and so much fun!! Plus, you get to fight the hardest boss in the game, Ozma, in the Chocobo Sky Garden!!

14. ... Gil System

FF8. Money was never a problem. :P

15. ....Ultimate Weapons

FFX's weapons and Squall's Lionheart. BREAK DAMAGE LIMIT~!!! And Squall unleashes a series of 9999 attacks~!! And it proved to be useful, especially for my most memorable optional Boss fight: With Omega Weapon, the toughest boss in FF8~

Squall unleashing his Limit Break Lionheart

Rinoa, Zell and Squall running into Omega Weapon in Ultimecia's castle

My proof of pride!! How memorable! I actually managed to get this screen after defeating Omega Weapon!!


Some of what I think was the worst, though....

THE MOST ANNOYING...


1. Main Character

Vaan. No need to question why.

2. ... Villian/Boss

SEYMOUR!! Darn that weird-looking guy!! How many lives does he have?? And face it, you big dum-dum, Yuna's doesn't like you!! So stop forcing her to marry you!!

Ahem. Excuse me.

Another idiot would be VAYNE. Darn those long haired ugly villians.

3. ... female character

RIKKU. All the more so in X-2.

Not sure why many like Rikku... I only like her best in Dead Fantasy, BWAHAHAHAHA

4. ... battle system

X-2. What's up with those Garment Grids and Dress Spheres, I still don't know. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

5. ... Levelling Up System

FFXII's license points system. It annoys me! You've gotta buy every little thing that you want, up to Magicks and Techniques!! Even Gambits!!

6. ...Summons

Basically I dislike X-2 because they took my darling Aeons away. I'm not particularly fond of FFXII's Espers either :P I've only used one Esper once throughout my 70++ hours of gameplay. BWAHAHAHAHA. And that fortunate Esper would be Belias - I used him to open the gate to Giruvegan. BWAHAHAHAHA. And that's all.

I know I'm lame, but why waste your MP on Espers when you can do Quickenings??

Plus, all 12's Espers are kinda ugly.

An Esper, Ultima

An Esper, Zeromus

7. ... Dungeons

NOOOOOOOOOO!! I'm not even at the Pharos of Ridorana yet but I absolutely dread going in there already!! First Acent, Second Ascent..?? No idea. What more the Nechrohol of Nabudis. It frightens me.

8. ....Optional Boss

ERM.... Probably the fiends that lurk around Omega Weapon in FFX. Forgot the name of that place... :P They were annoying. And the Underwater sidequest in FF7 where you've gotta defeat that boss in a time limit. I couldn't even keep myself alive for 5 mins and you want me to KILL him in 5 mins??!!

9. ....Gil System

ARGHHHHHH!!! Definitely XII!! I ain't got enough money to do ANYTHING at all!! Forget weapons, I can't even buy proper medicine or magicks. What more Armor and Shields...

*mourns*

And I hate those gil-hungry fiends in FFX in which you have to bribe to get Lv. 4 Keys.


AHHHHHHHHH. That was a long, irrelevant post. I spent some beautiful 2 hours on it. WOW. And even though it isn't a tag, I would very much like to tag Manda and Mandy to do this. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA let's see where our similarities begin and end~!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm off to study (Naruto manga) now... *winks* BWAHAHAHAHAHA

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...