1:35 PM

Of Fairy Tail and Bleach

Whee-hoo!! My passion for anime is peaking as I blog right now... no thanks to BLEACH. XD True enough that my pace for BLEACH-watching is almost verging on miraculous (caught up to episode 274 now from episode 145 in 5 days... WOW! XD) but it was the show FAIRY TAIL that built a completely different level of exhilaration as compared to BLEACH.

Fairy Tail!
Love this show! Love the stripping Gray! XD XD


Bleach may have an interesting plot what with Aizen's betrayal, Urahara's past in Soul Society, the Zanpakutou rebellion arcs and all... but it would have been MUCH, MUCH better if the entire series did not drag out all the scenes. There are too many fillers, too little action, too much talking, too much exaggeration and the time line for battles just don't fall into place.

(And if you watch Bleach online like me, you can't quite post up comments like these or risk getting trampled by Bleach-lovers who'll curse you and make it sound as if you should rot in hell. There's no freedom of speech there, sadly.)

If you were to just randomly pay more attention to the fighting scenes especially that in Hueco Mundo and the Karakura Town showdown between the Espada(s) and the 13 Protection Squads - EACH EPISODE will boil down to this:
1 1/2 minutes - Opening song
5 minutes - Recap of previous episode
5 minutes - Exaggerating/boasting about one's powers and reiatsu
5 minutes - Interaction with the enemy/bragging rights
2 minutes - Still frames/Exaggeration of damage dealt and received yet none too fatal
3 minutes - Pure thrill/action
1 1/2 minutes - Ending song
GRAND TOTAL: 23 minutes

... which actually means that I only enjoy 3 minutes of action. WOW. So much for a Shonen/Action show, huh? I relatively prefer the 'past' arcs than these present fighting arcs. At least the plot is thick, relevant and engaging. Sheesh.

And if anyone is wondering why I'm watching BLEACH again after stopping for 3 years? HAHAHAHA! It's to abate my love for Ichimaru Gin!!! NYAHHHHHH~!! Gin-chan!! It's been 3 years!!! *nosebleeds*

Ichimaru Gin!! *nosebleeds*
As gorgeous as ever in white... *swoons*

AHEM.

Well... as for Fairy Tail. I don't quite know whether it's because I watched a hefty amount of BLEACH before I watched Fairy Tail that made me feel so refreshed at the sudden change of pace. You see, Fairy Tail is very fast-paced, action-packed and exciting! A tale of adventure, courage, friendship and love! PURE SHONEN THRILLLLLLL!!! XD

Fairy Tail revolves around a fictitious world that has many, many guilds consisting of magic users. And Fairy Tail happens to be the name of one of the most influential guild in that world. We follow the adventures of Lucy, the celestial wizard and Natsu, the fire wizard who is looking for a dragon named Igneel.

I watched Fairy Tail, immersing myself in the laughable adventures of Natsu and Lucy - UNTIL A DOG NAMED PLUE SUDDENLY EMERGED OUT OF NOWHERE.

Plue from Fairy Tail

Plue from Rave...
(The only difference is that their paws are of different colour. XP)

Wait, now. Was I watching Fairy Tail or a remake of RAVE...?!?!

RAVE Master: Groove Adventure
I enjoyed this show a whole lot last time! XD

Poked my nose around a little and found out that Fairy Tail's mangaka is Hiro Mashima = same mangaka as Rave Master. Ahhhhhh! No wonder the similarities! XD

It's been a LONG, LONG time since I last watched something as fun as this. Rave fans out there - remember Haru and his gigantic sword? (I for one definitely remember Musica. XD) Coincidentally Haru's name means Spring in Japanese and Natsu's name means Summer. WHOA!! I guess Mr. Hiro Mashima really loves nature... XD

What's more intriguing is this character Kageyama from the dark guild Eisenwald.

Kageyama from Eisenwald in Fairy Tail

... don't you think he bears a startling resemblance to none other than SHIKAMARU NARA from Naruto?!?!?!

Nara Shikamaru from Naruto

And to think that the both of them actually commands Kage (shadows). OMG! XD

I also finished Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra and I'll say this: THIS ANIME IS AWESOME!!! (No different from my last post when I wrote about it... HAHAHAHA) It is unpredictably AWESOME! Fantastic plot! Cool fighting scenes! A fair dose of love! HOT BOOBS!!

Unlike some anime where their lead hero/heroine is rather IMMORTAL, even after Bankai-ing for about a thousand times and bleeding from head to toe - this anime, Tatakau Shisho - is amazingly believable. WOW! It's the first time I'm really all psyched up on an action anime where the main character is female. And I've already finished it quite a few days ago. Watch it if you can! It's different and engaging.

And thus, I shall continue Fairy Tail-ing right now. Whee-hoo!! I'm all for Hiro Mashima's works! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...