10:08 PM

Soul Eater

Okay, if you've been actively following this crazy gay's Plurks you'll probably know that I'm SUUUUUUPERRRRRRR lazy to blog even though there are many things to blog about. BWAHAHAHAHA. Wait up til I've got the mood, yup, darlings?? XD

I just wanna put in a comment about Soul Eater. Been chasing this anime for TWO LONG YEARS (just because I love Death the Kid and Black Star.) I finally decided to finish it because The Star put a good word in about it last Sunday. NYAHAHAHAHA~

Soul Eater - The Anime.
Beautifully crafted storyline - before it hits the end, though.


Guess what? The story started out fantastic, cool and funny, but it just deviated away in the middle span of the anime. The manga's review is probably very different from the anime with the deaths of some minor characters and stuff - but the anime is just.... *sighs*

Mind you, I really enjoyed this anime but....

Sorry Soul Eater fans, but this anime had a brilliant start - and the MOST RANDOM, anti-climatic ending. I CAN'T BELIEVE I CLINGED ON TO THIS SHOW LONG ENOUGH TO GET THIS DISAPPOINTING ENDING. IT WAS JUST BEYOND SPEECHLESS FOR ME TO WATCH THE FINAL EPISODE AND WAS COMPLETELY.... STUNNED AT THE END.

I'm not fully against it, no! There are some good pointers to the show:

Things were really, really climatic at the middle span, during the battle for Brew, against Medusa and against Arachne. Even Mosquito was absolutely entertaining! It was with Mosquito that the hidden potential behind Maka, Death and Black Star's Soul Resonance really showed its true colours. AND I LOVED IT.

Things were EVEN better when secrets surrounding Eibon were slowly revealed, and that the Kishin, Asura came to light. Conspiracies behind Shibusen and the Shinigami also held my attention captive. Not to mention the drama when Death suspected Shinigami-sama of hiding secrets about BREW.

I even give the last battle between Maka, Death and Black Star wth Kishin a TINY thumbs-up.

Death the Kid <3
Awesome kid, awesome symmetry. HAHAHAHA

AND that's when things went sort of downhill.

The climax of the anime wasn't exactly a climax. I was DISAPPOINTED at the short, irritating, anti-climatic supposedly, 'showdown' between Shinigami and Kishin. C'mon!!! It was supposed to be a battle between GODS??!!! The heck? The entire battle was practically CHILD'S PLAY. And for such a gallant, loud-speaking Shinigami, I anticipated that this battle would turn out to be an eye-opener.

BUT NO.

Gorgeous Kishin, Asura.
Winner against the battle with Mr. Shinigami.

Shinigami-sama FELL way too easily, and Death ain't even half SAD that his dad may have died from that blow!! And oh, when Maka was fighting Kishin, she got shot by that laser thing that hit Shinigami. She immediately came back up on her feet while the Shinigami completely 'flattened-out-and-almost-died' from that one blow.

Oh, Death got stabbed right in the heart and was revived instantaneously to unleash a soul-crushing 2000% Resonance attack. Yeah, right. As much as I love Death, his resurrection from that stab to the heart is beyond..... comprehension!

Let's not forget that Black Star who was 'killed' by Kifune was revived on the spot too. YEAH. And notice that the slash that Black Star gave Kifune was SOOOOOO deep but did not kill him. Kifune probably changed into fresh clothes too because there WAS NO BLOOD ON HIS T-SHIRT when he was looking for the girl.

....?


Last but not least...




Courage???!!!! Is that supposed to FRIGHTEN anything to DEATH??!! The heck??!! Next time remind me to 'wrap COURAGE around my fist' and throw it right at the face of a tiger if I do meet one in the woods or something one day. YEAH. Maka taught me that tigers, or anything YOU fear - ARE AFRAID OF COURAGE. The heck.

Okay. The ending really agitated me to no end. HAHAHAHA. As you all know, I usually get angry/PU HUI over petty things like games and shows. GAHAHAHAHA.

.....?

Sorry, Soul Eater fans! This ending was a complete letdown. And why do I dare comment so negatively about such a highly rated series? Aha. You see, the password: is COURAGE. *snorts*

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...