2:32 PM

Meeting

It begins, unsuspecting, unpredictable as life is,
when a shadow steps in with red beats.
A memory rekindled of a childhood I miss,
when a boy and a girl - now grown up, meets.

A union was found with the shake of hands.
An endless intertwined loop of similarities.
With his silver tongue, her wounded heart mends -
You patched me up piece by piece.

Standing on a veranda overlooking the sun
as it sets, slowly, a mesmerizing view.
When this day ends, will it take with it my fun?
Or does it promise happier days anew?

Underestimate not, the power of a gentle gesture,
even a simple smile would suffice.
It shakes the roots even of my nature -
over an extravagant dinner of seafood and rice.

My idle footsteps are heard under the velvet night,
that was when I first got lost in your eyes.
Am overpowered with the urge to hold you tight -
to feel your warmth beneath the pitch dark skies.

A dreaded moment of when we had to part,
as the stars came to take their place.
Little did I know, this was just a start -
as you continue to amaze.

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...