10:57 PM

A Streak of "Silver Soul"

Whoo-hoo!!! I've been wanting to write out this post since forever!!! But somehow, I wanted to wait til there was some unveiling of a plot before I actually BLOG about it. (Or else there would be nothing to blog about except for the known fact that Gintama has a whole lot of parodies in it. XD)

GINTAMA- Highly contradicting in ratings!!

I'm on a super crazy Gintama marathon these days!! And this whole long-running series is well, half-good and half-bad. And uniquely? This disparity is the one that makes this whole anime all the more funnier, stupider and so unambiguously unpredictable.


The down side of Gintama? Hmmm.


I can understand why Rene decided to abandon this anime after 5 episodes. HAHAHAHA. Yup. It's just cause the whole anime starts out bland without a plot. the first 5-7 episodes tells you how Sakata Gintoki met with his sidekicks: Shinpachi, Kagura, Zura (or Katsura? I'm SO influenced by Gin-chan), even Otae-san, the Shinsengumi 'bakas' and gorillas... AHEM. XD (I LOVE Shinsengumi's Okita, btw. XD)

Shinsengumi's gorilla: Kondou-san.
Anybody surprised he's the head of Shinsengumi, the most elite police force in the Government? XD XD

After that, the next few episodes that follow are lacking embellishment and gives viewers the slightest IMPACT any anime can give. Yup.

And at times, the comedy gets a little overdone. A little over the top, too simple, too rash... too eager. There are times when I actually get annoyed cause both lazy bums Kagura and Gin refuse to listen to Shinpachi's nagging! And from episodes 8-28 or so? I was tired of Kagura's ridiculous rantings - proof of her inferior character development as to Shinpachi and Gin. I dunno. I was just annoyed! XD

There are also times when the narrating part at the start of the anime was more of a waste of time than as to stand out as a joke or to connect with viewers. I vaguely remember that there was a time when Shin, Gin and Kagura spent some 2 mins talking about being off the prime-time slot and being killed by sponsors and producers, etc. It IS unpredictable, but somewhat, dull.

Did I mention: no plot? HAHAHAHAHA.

"NONONONONONONO!" says Gin-chan!
"It's not my role to write the entire plot of the show!! I'm a mere actor!!"


The up-side of Gintama however...


... is also the hilarious comedy in it, ironically! XD I guess humour is a double-edged sword? HAHAHAHA.

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!
OOOOOH!!!! There REALLY was an episode where Zura (or Katsura?) and Gin dressed up as women throughout the entire episode cause they insulted a man-dressed-as-a-woman's job at the Kabuki district. YUP. XD

THEY ARE SOOOOOOO PRETTTTTY!!!

For example: The whole episode about Gin finding a fan and not an air-cond was just hilariously out of this world! Also, the part where Gin meets his Jump nemesis - when they were fighting it out for the Special Jump Christmas Edition! Or the episode where Zura (or Katsura?) found Elizabeth with 'her' family? Or the beginning of the second year where the whole Gintama cast asked the audience for ideas to improve on the show! (I specially liked Sa-chan's S&M idea the most. HAHAHAHA. 2nd best idea would be Otae's Drago-Bleach-Piece!!)

I loved the Uchiha Itachi parodies. Or the landlady turning into Orochimaru! Or the random Gin-chan dressing in Sena Kobayakawa's eyeshield and football gear! The untimely shouts of 'BANGKAI!!!"


Gintama parodying Bleach!!! XD XD
Gin-chan as Ichigo, Shinpachi as the Quincy( I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT HIS NAME!!!!), Kagura as Inoue!

Of course - Gintama is no Gintama without its one thousand and one PARODIES! They had parts from One Piece, Naruto (even Shippuden!), Bleach, Conan, Eyeshield 21, Kindaichi.... and loads more! Japanese viewers can REALLY REALLY relate to the anime because a large chunk of the beautiful Japanese culture is so greatly portrayed in so many scenes.

Next! THE BISHIES. OMG. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT TO FIND BISHIES IN SUCH A SHONEN ANIME?!?!?! On second thought, most bishies come from Shonen or Shoujo anime genres. Oops. XD

Okita-san: the most horrible SADIST in the Shinsengumi!!
Ooooh! How I love sadists!!! Okita-san reminds me so much of my darling Fuji SYusuke whom I miss dearly!!

The sadist Okita!! Always planning to kill off Hijikata-san. Hijikata is Okita's comrade in the Shinsengumi. HAHAHAHAHA.

The beautiful Katsura/Zura!!! I love Elizabeth-san!!

Of course, not forgetting: THE SUPER YENG TAKASUGI. Super gorgeous, super hawt, super BISHIE. YENG-NESS. (The villians are always the hottest. HAHAHAHA)

*nosebleeds*

Let's not forget that our main character KINTAMA, no erm, GINTAMA is also quite a bishie himself~! *love love*

(Kintama, like my FB says means GOLDEN TESTICLES. Boost your vocab together with me, ppl! XD)

Huh, who, me? The bishie? Or are you talking bout my son who is the mirror image of me?

(Spoiler: The cute baby with those 'dead, lazy eyes' -as so the entire Gintama cast says - is surprisingly NOT Gin's son. HAHAHAHA)

(Haven't found decent bishies for a long time now. :( Especially those silver-haired ones like my beloved Sephiroth. :( )

*nosebleeds*

I was watching episode 58 today and WOW! It surprised me to no end! This Benizakura arc that started at episode 58 was (I think?) the start of a more serious Gintama. And I'm impressed! There's a world of difference separating episode 57 and 58. I'm just so taken aback by the sudden unpredictability in 'seriousity' that I actually fell in love with the anime head over heels!

(Thank GOD that Shippuden's Forbidden Scroll & the 6th Bijuu Mystery arc is finally over and done with at episode 151/ 481. Can't wait to see Naruto's expression when he finds out Ero-Sennin is dead! OMG! I'm mean, and I know it. HAHAHAHA. Sorry if this spoiler just slipped off my tongue for those who do not know that Jiraiya-sama is dead.

Ironic, no? How the three Sannins apprentices are repeating the same mistake the Sannins made before?!?!? Sasuke under Orochimaru, who abandoned Konoha. Naruto under Jiraiya - ever loud, bubbly and stupid. XD Sakura under Tsunade: amazing how these two tomboys have crazy, brute strength.)

OOPS. Sorry, I digress. XD

Anyway, no matter how contradicting opinions may be about Gintama, it's still a show worth watching. I watched episodes 30-40 in one night, and I LAUGHED MY TUMMY UPSIDE DOWN. Seriously. HAHAHAHA. So all in all? 6/10. I recommend splurging your precious time on this anime - think of it as a way to de-stress, no?

.....and of course, to devour the bishies. XD

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...