9:27 AM

Crossroads

torn
between the past and the future
of filial piety
or Obedience
of philia
or agape
of roots
or salvation.

the wide gate
calls out to me
the popular choice
so effortless
requires no sacrifice
and of simple decisions.

the narrow gate
is never easy
encompassed
by trials and tribulations
temptations
and reproach
that question your faith.

but why
give up?
but why
surrender?
when the most beautiful things in life
has unfolded itself
right in front of you?

why
let go
of the One who
truly loves
who is the Truth
who is the Way
who is the Life?

why
abdicate
the only One
who would die for you
to save you
so that you may Live?

the narrow gate
envelopes me with inhuman warmth
with longing
and of such passion
that only He can fill.
a reminder
of His preeminence
a clarity
priority
that He is above all.

regardless
the gate that I chose to walk
at this first crossroad
does not mean I have forgone my past
for my past is who I am
the future is not a barrier
nor a factor
that will ever change how I feel for you.

...I will love you for always and for eternity.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...