10:17 PM

Shin Sekai Yori: A Review

HELLLLLLLLLO READERS. You have been warned.

*MAJOR SPOILERS ALERT*

Shin Sekai Yori: 'looked' promising.

The first thing that comes to my mind upon the completion of Shin Sekai Yori is this: HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED AN ANIME WITH A MORE ANNOYING FEMALE MAIN CHARACTER?

*stabs and kills her ten thousand times over*

Hello! Long time no blog and I bet you guys miss me. Hehehe. So I recently watched this anime Shin Sekai Yori and I have to say… the first few episodes are strongly reminiscent of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni which is an absolute PLUS point because I love them spooky spooks. But upon further inspection, Shin Sekai Yori annoys the freaking hell out of me.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the music, the BGM, the whole psychokinetic thingy in which the story revolves around but I went WTF when THIS main female character Saki-san annoyed me like hell.

BEHOLD. The annoying Saki-san. Don't let her innocent look deceive you, for I have awarded her with the most-annoying-female-character-in-an-anime title.

*stabbing and killing ten thousand times over is an understatement. Let’s make that ten MILLION times over*

This feeling I have is so, so real… never have I been so AGITATED in my attempt to finish an anime -_-

How the mangaka created such a ridiculous, foolish, blank, slow-thinking, idiot of a main character left me somewhat stupefied. Not only once does she STAND STILL in the face of danger (for like, what, 5 minutes?) but she probably did that 9,845 times throughout the course of this anime’s short 25 episodes. (I may have exaggerated that but, yeah. I don’t feel sorry.) Do you know how many frames they used just to show her standing there –BLANKLY STARING at the enemy… practically USELESS? Yeah, for that effect they probably invested 15 anime episodes out of the few 25. The show was too slow, too draggy, too immature for one of its genre. Seriously, I am disappointed.

Other Saki defects? Allow me to rant on. She asks the question “Why?” when the answer is dead clear in her face – yeah, she’s probably mentally challenged. And to some answers in which she asked “why” to, she was too scared to know the truth. THEN WHY ASK IF YOU HAVE NO BALLS. Not to mention, do you know how many times she spaces out when her Powers and concentration are MOST required? WTF woman, you need to bloody stop dreaming about the dead because they aren’t coming back. Save your concentration for those who are alive – wait a minute – were you even serious about trying to protect them the same way they vowed to protect you? Because this same Saki-san… she caused the DEATH of some of the most useful characters in the anime, for example (SPOILER) Inui-san because she was just too useless.

The reason why Tomiko-san (SPOILER) chose her to be the next Ethic Committee chairwoman is once again beyond my comprehension. Saki is so bloody weak she cries like the world’s greatest weakling over the stupidest reasons of all. And yet in the anime everyone labels her as ‘strong’. I just… I can’t…

(why not Maria-san? At least she’s attractive enough. And VERY MUCH LESS ANNOYING.)

The beautiful Maria-san. With... that girl I do not like. Did I mention this anime has some yuri elements in it? :O

Although the storyline is good – it builds its foundation on several principals such as:

Fear of the unknown
Oppression and democracy 
Telekinesis 
Myths and superstitions 

…it really is good.

Not forgetting. The sex appeal. LOL. Yuri, yaoi, normal relationships? Name it. This anime has it alllllllllll.

A taste of yaoi <3 td="">
Or would you prefer just the normal sex relationship?
At first, I loved the entire setting in which the events took place. Everything started at such a mysterious note that it leaves you wanting for more.

The development was good… until the whole story focused on bloody rats. Uh… yeah. I fell asleep from episodes 4-5, I think? It would be better if they built the story on Karmic Demons and Ogres rather than rats but… the ending was acceptable. Yeah. I kind of liked the way it unfolds at the end. It would be a moment of… OOOOOH, REVELATION. BUT SAKI, OH SAKI. She destroyed the entire anime and in the end, the best rating I can give this anime is this: 2.5/10. Just because she IS that annoying.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...