12:42 PM

Enigma

There is a saying that goes, “History is written by those who emerge victorious.”

History, as we read it now, is written by historians in the context of their own time. It is their interpretation of a dominant mainstream idea. As I see it now, history can be perceived in so many perspectives that the real truth may actually still be hidden, waiting to be discovered.

I’ve been reading a lot lately. And when I say I READ a lot, I don’t mean reading my Biochemistry or Genetics notes. BWAHAHAHAHAHA. No! I’ve been reading a whole lot of politics and religion, both in their fiction and non-fiction contexts. And with this I’ve been hit with the sudden epiphany that I actually comprehend so few mysteries of this world. XP

During my reads, I realize just how much religion is being debated about among theologists. In one book, the dependence of man on God is rejected. They interpreted the Bible by saying that ‘we are created in the image of God’ as in not how we look – but as in we were given godly power by the potential of our minds. In another book, sources centered about the apocryphal texts left out of the Bible. And of course there are many controversial issues regarding the significance of Mary Magdalene that has been deliberated a great deal about.

However, I’m here to clarify one thing - that my faith will not be shaken so easily. To me, there are very distinctive lines between blindly pursuing, ignorance and FAITH. There are many perspectives to how one’s viewpoint: for example – between a reckless defense and a brilliant attack.

"But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.
For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."
James 1:6-8 (KJV)

Regardless of the different interpretations of the Word, I have faith in Him. And there are three absolute truths in which my faith will never waver.
1. GOD is very true, very real and very near.
2. Jesus is our Savior who died on the cross to save us from our sins. He changed the darkest day of mankind into the brightest light of salvation.
3. GOD truly loves us all.

Faith is an inexplicable and enigmatic feeling that only those who experience it can fathom the depth of it. It is mysteriously warm yet pure, real and true - with it one need not fear. Because ‘faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.’ Romans 10:17.

And to me, faith – is love. :)

"For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written,
“The just shall live by faith.” "
Romans 1:17 (NKJV)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...